Spring is a beautiful time of year. However, this season brings with it the seasonal allergies that afflict many people. The runny nose, itchy throat and headache that is often associated with allergies is enough to send many people running to the nearest pharmacy. But relief doesn’t come in a package of chemicals; there are natural ways to alleviate the allergy symptoms and the allergy response itself.
First, it is important to evaluate your personal health habits, especially during allergy season. Staying in good overall health helps the body to have the strength to fight off irritants.
Natural Allergy Relief for Yourself
- As always, be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Exercise regularly.
Next, you should evaluate the situation in your home and make any necessary modifications. Reducing your exposure to allergens in your home will be a great help to you.
Natural Allergy Relief for your Home
- Make sure that the air filters are changed frequently.
- Keep pets out of bedrooms to reduce fur and dander in sleeping spaces.
- Keep windows closed to block the entrance of outside allergens.
If this added attention to your overall health and the modifications to your home are not enough, we have another option here at East Valley Naturopathic Doctors.
Allergy Panel IgE
- A small blood sample is taken.
- The blood is tested for allergies.
- A customized spray is created to address existing allergies.
- Spray gradually desensitizes patient to allergens and results can last for years.
When addressing your allergies, you have options that have nothing to do with chemicals. Traditional allergy medicines are can leave you with a case of “medicine-head” and side-effects that need to be treated with even more medicine. For superior health you need to employ the natural way to strengthen your own defenses, protect your home, and desensitize yourself to those relentless allergens.
The only chemistry you need to worry about is your own.