Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy sessions last 60 minutes. Schedule Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy daily for the number of sessions recommended by your physician and/or based on the purchased package. Consider a baseline Hyperbaric Brain Map or QEEG before starting Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to evaluate concerns and observe benefit overtime.
Inflammation & Hyperbarics
Inflammation is a natural response that takes place in the body when an infection, wound, or other insult presents. It acts almost like a secondary alarm, signaling the immune system to continue fighting and repairing. However, in many cases inflammation becomes chronic, such as in many autoimmune diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, or possible Autoimmune Neuropathies. Inflammation has been implicated in nearly all diseases but some conditions may fail to respond to high doses of steroids often required for suppression of symptoms. In conditions slow to respond to standard anti-inflammatory therapies, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) has shown a positive response in helping the body heal. HBOT lowers inflammation by increasing levels of oxygen within the blood and tissues of the body. This creates an ideal environment for the body to heal and repair. HBOT has been shown to reduce inflammation in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases healing Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease, and reducing symptoms of joint pain in rheumatoid patients leading to clear improvements in quality of life. HBOT appears to not only help reduce the inflammation, but may also support recovery from the root causes of the pain and inflammation.
Support Anti-Inflammatory Process at the Cellular Level
- Decrease Acute/Chronic Inflammation
- Minimizes Pain & Discomfort
- Increases Anti-Inflammatory markers
- Reduces Swelling
- Supports the Prevention & Treatment of Stroke
- Reduces Risk of Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s Disease
Decrease Gastrointestinal Inflammation
Improvements seen with:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Ameliorates Ulcerative Colitis
- Absorption of Nutrients
Relieve Soft tissue/Joint Inflammation
Improvements seen with:
- Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Accelerates Recovery from Sports-Related & High-Impact Injuries
Prevent the Onset of Chronic Inflammatory Related Diseases
- Reduces Cancer Risk & Progression
- Reduces Risk of Atherosclerosis
- Improves Diabetic Conditions Linked to Inflammation
Study: Refractory Ulcerative Colitis with HBOT
A review of records of patients with refractory ulcerative colitis who received Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) was conducted. Clinical and histopathological scoring was utilized to evaluate the response to HBO therapy (HBOT). All patients manifested clinical improvement by the 40th cycle of HBOT. The median number of stool frequency dropped from seven motions/day (range=3-20) to 1/day (range=0.5-3), which was significant (z=-4.6, p<0.001). None of the patients manifested persistent blood passage after HBOT (z=-3.2, p=0.002). The severity index significantly improved after HBOT (z=-4.97, p<0.001). Histologically, a significant reduction of the scores of activity was recorded accompanied by a significant increase in the proliferating cell nuclear antigen labeling index of the CD4 cells of the colonic mucosa (p=0.001).
- Bekheit, M., Baddour, N., Katri, K., Taher, Y., El Tobgy, K., & Mousa, E. (2016). Hyperbaric oxygen therapy stimulates colonic stem cells and induces mucosal healing in patients with refractory ulcerative colitis: a prospective case series. BMJ open gastroenterology,3(1), e000082. doi:10.1136/ bmjgast-2016-000082
- International Hyperbaric Association. (2014). Inflammation. Retrieved from https://ihausa.org/Inflammation.html
These statements have not been evaluated or approved by the FDA. All of the statements made on this document are not anecdotal and have been taken directly from clinical data.