Dr. Jason Porter is using this recipe during his training for a TriAthlon in September 2012.
This green drink recipe is made for two. Once weekly, I go to the store and by all the supplies for the green drink. I buy organic as often as I can and of course only fresh produce. I cut up all the fruit and divide it into zip-lock containers or baggies. When I make the smoothie I dump the container of fruit in the blender and then add all of the fresh vegetables before blending in my Vita-Mix blender until extremely smooth.
GREEN DRINK RECIPE
- The fruit portion for our green drinks for the week includes the following, you can portion the fruit as you would like, according to your taste and preference:
- 1 pineapple
- 5-6 apples (sometimes we get them already diced)
- peeled lemon (1/3 in a single smoothie)
- celery (1-3 stalks per smoothie)
- spinach (2 cups per smoothie)
- kale (2-3 leaves per smoothie)
- I also add some fresh peeled ginger
- 1 tbsp of flax or fish oil
- 1 scoop per smoothie of Greens First Berry/Red Alert or Greens First (this just gives it an anti-oxidant super push).
- Blend until smooth and enjoy the extra energy in just a few days.