We thank you for your patience while East Valley Naturopathic Doctors have been waiting on and evaluating the different COVID 19 antibody testing options. We will NOT be testing acutely ill patients utilizing nasopharyngeal swabs, but will begin testing for IgG antibodies which indicate past exposure. We want to provide those interested patients with the peace of mind that comes with knowing whether or not they have been exposed and had mild or no symptoms and are currently nonsymptomatic. We welcome patients who have no current COVID-19 symptoms for the previous 2 weeks such as: fever(>100.3), cough, sore throat, loss of smell and taste, body aches, headache, chills, or chills with body shaking. If you suspect you have had these symptoms, you must wait at least 14 days before doing the antibody testing as results will not be accurate. Antibody testing will be predominantly run through LabCorp and Sonora Quest. There will be a $65 processing and blood draw fee paid at the time of scheduling through our online portal with or without insurance. We cannot draw for Medicare patients. For your information, the specificity and sensitivity for Sonora Quest is 98.5%- 99% accurate with Lab Corp specificity and sensitivity between 99%-99.9%.
Our Testing Criteria and Procedure:
A person may continue with their scheduled appointment as normal if upon arrival a person screened has a temperature less than or equal to 100.3°. A person is required to leave the site if upon arrival a person screened has a temperature greater than or equal to 100.4°. The temperature screener will communicate with the individual that they need to go home and contact their physician or return when their temperature has been reduced to below 100.4.
- All blood draws will take place for COVID-19 in our EVND Treatment Center Suite 109, next door to our main office.
- We allow for testing anyone who is 12 years old and older at this time.
- Click on this link in order to schedule your appointment for this lab only. We will not be combining general labs with the COVID 19 testing during this time.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time. Stay in your car until you receive a text from us to enter our office and we will direct you to our blood draw room directly so there isn’t any congregating in the waiting room
- Please wear a mask upon arrival in our office
- Results should take up to 5 days to return in which we will securely email or text you your results.